Friday, January 11, 2008

Kyndie's first accident, Mommy's first heartbreak...

Last night we went to eat with my dad at the mexican restaurant here in Seminole called Cazadorez (sp?) and she was acting cranky because she was tired and wouldn't go to sleep so Greg was holding her and trying to call her down at the table. He got her calmed down and the guy brought out our food and sat the plate down in front of Greg and then the guy was talking to her and she got excited and flung her arm into the plate and it burnt her little arm. It was soo sad! I couldn't even eat my dinner because it made me lose my appetite. I held myself together until we got into the car and then I just broke down and bawled the whole way home and then about an hour after we got home. It was awful! I called the nurses line at Unity North and asked them what I should do. The nurse told me that it was considered a 1st degree burn and to just ice it and wash it with antibacterial soap for the next week. He gave me instructions and it made me settle down. I was so upset...it made me sick to my stomach and I had a panic attack. It looked awful last night but it looks a lot better today. I have some pictures of it from last night and from today.





All the above are from last night

This one is from today


Happier pictures...she likes her walker




sleepy girl

and here she is all sprawled out...she is a bed hog




oh yea, I decided to do the picture a day thing..so here is the URL www.picturesadayforyou.blogspot.com. Go check it out

2 comments:

BelleLaDonna said...

AWW! My poor little neice!! Give her a kiss for me! Just remember that accidents happen and try not to get too upset. Love ya!

Twinmommy2boys said...

owie! It was an accident, so don't be too hard on yourselves. One day you will tell her that she got burnt on a plate of mexican food.